OM.2026.094 - Robert McGraw - USA


OM.2026.094 - collage on panel - 8 x 8 inches - For Whom the Days and Nights Repeat and Repeat - Robert McGraw - USA - Visual Poetry and Color

 Artist Statement

Collage gives me the freedom to follow where Imagination leads.
Hardware, bits of sandpaper, old floppy discs, semi-precious gemstones: If such disparate materials produce the result I want, I am free to use them (...and I have). Collage doesn't constrain my imagination.


I invite viewers to join with me in the creative process by using their imagination to complete the "backstory" of my works.
[The viewer's imagination would have more latitude if I used serial numbers rather than titles, but many viewers think works without titles are unsettling. Therefore I give titles, but they are often cryptic or sketchy.]

I find joy and satisfaction in using my imagination. I hope your imagination finds joy in creating its own interpretations.

Bio

After completing class work for his PhD, he spent the next twelve years as a professional symphony musician. During this period he also studied at The Ruth Prowse School of Art in Cape Town.
Two of his artworks are in the collection of The International Museum of Collage, Assemblage and Construction Art. His digital images won the 2018 DigiFest first place award and the 2021 DigiFest “People’s Choice” award.
McGraw is the author of five published books and scores of magazine and newspaper articles. Two of Robert’s television scripts received awards from the International Television Association. His latest novel, "Not Like Us", is a humorous historical mystery coauthored by Darrin McGraw. It is available on Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com

Comments

Popular Posts